Monday, August 10, 2009

June 27, 2009

My Sweet Pun’kin,

I had a sono and doctor’s appointment on June 17th. You looked GREAT in the sono. The sonographer and doctor both said that you were big for your age – about 12 oz. Nathan weighed 7 lbs. 15 oz. at birth, and Elijah was 8 lbs. 2 oz. so if you stay big, I’ll be curious to see how big you are at birth! As for me, I have only gained 3 lbs., which is probably in part to me being so sick. Luckily, my appetite recently returned so I expect to make up in the weight gain area very soon. We did not find out whether or not you were a boy or a girl. However, when the sonographer put the wand on my tummy, she was in your “private” area, and Daddy is certain that you are a girl now.

If you wind up being a boy…I hope you don’t mind being called Baby Boy for the rest of your life. We simply have NOT come up with a boys’ name. I am sure we’ll have something by the time you arrive, though. Boys’ names just seem so much harder than girls’ names for some reason. *Sigh*

We got you a new swing and bassinet from our neighbors. They have almost 1 year old twins who only used these for a very short amount of time so they are practically brand new. The bassinet is really cool – round shape with a canopy. Nathan and Elijah both slept in a cradle that was Mommy’s, Aunt Charity’s and Uncle Sam’s. However, with Aunt Charity and Uncle Chris having their first baby, we felt that it was only fair to let them use it too. We have a swing from Nathan and Elijah that we need to get rid of – they just don’t hold up well after 2 kids, and honestly, I was quite tired of the aquarium theme.

Last Sunday was a special day where we celebrate our daddies. It is called Father’s Day. We gave Daddy a bag of goodies that Nathan and Elijah picked out – he had everything from a new belt to underwear to mouthwash! The best item in the bag was the travel pack of wipes that Nathan said that Daddy needed “for when he’s working and has to go potty.” That was really cute! I couldn’t think of anything to give Daddy from you, but you took care of that yourself. You let Daddy feel you kick for the first time – he was ecstatic about that since every time in the past, you have stopped kicking when he tries to feel.

This week, I was getting Elijah dressed and told him to be careful with Mommy since I had the baby in my tummy. Then, I asked him if you were a boy or a girl. He looked at me very emphatically and said, “Chee-Chee have boy.” He thought for a moment, and then said, “You have sis-er.” I guess Daddy and Nathan have convinced him that you are a girl. We are in soooo much trouble if you are a boy. Ha!

I haven’t felt many “Mother’s Intuitions” on whether you are a boy or a girl. The night before last, I had a dream that I had TWINS – a boy and a girl. We didn’t know that we were having twins until they were born. We named the girl, Kadynce Joy, and I remember saying, “I guess we’ll name the boy Brayden Josiah since we don’t have any other name picked out.” Ha! I also remember that Daddy came and laid by me in my hospital bed, and I told he and Mawmaw, “Well, we have our 4 kids now, and I have my girl so I guess we are done!” You have some crazy dreams when pregnant, and this was just one of mine.

As of today, I am now 21 weeks pregnant – it does not seem possible that we are already more than halfway through the pregnancy. Wow! I am beginning to get really excited about your arrival and am really looking forward to the events of this fall.

Until next time – I love you, my sweets!
Mommy

No comments: