Monday, August 10, 2009

June 1, 2009

My Little Pun’kin,
Another full month has gone by without an entry, and here we are at 17.5 weeks. It is hard to imagine that we’re almost halfway through this pregnancy journal. A few weeks ago, I felt you fluttering around for the first time. When I was lying down to nap on Saturday, though, I felt you moving very well. This time, it was up closer towards my belly button. You are definitely growing!

My last doctor’s appointment was on May 21st. Everything looked good. I hadn’t gained any weight, but I also hadn’t lost any. Maintaining my weight was good this time since I was just getting over the nausea/vomiting. Your heartbeat was strong and fast at 161 beats per minute. My next doctor’s visit is June 17th. I have a sonogram before that, and I can’t wait to see you again!

Aunt Charity went for her sonogram today, and she found out that she is having a baby boy! So, you will have a cousin named Andrew “Drew” around your age. She and Uncle Chris are ecstatic. Uncle Chris really wanted a boy. I told Nathan that Chee-Chee was having a boy, and he argued with me saying it was a girl. Later, I brought it up again, and said, “If Chee-Chee is having a boy, what am I going to have?” (He’s said that Chee-Chee and I were both having girls.) He said that “Chee-Chee can have a boy; you have a girl.” We’ll see if he’s right, I guess.

So far, Pawpaw has known the gender of each of his grandkids ahead of time. I do not know if it’s a Grandpa’s Intuition or a word from God. When I was 25 weeks pregnant with Nathan, I went to the hospital with a urinary tract infection. Mawmaw and Pawpaw went to the hospital with us, and it was then that Pawpaw told me that Nathan was a boy. I was 5 months pregnant with Elijah when we were at my cousin’s wedding reception, and he told me that I was having another boy. Then, last night, he told Charity, “You know it’s a boy, right?” Well, 3 for 3 isn’t bad. I guess we’ll see if he says anything about you! I’m beginning to wonder if he’s hoping to start his own ball team, though. Ha! I told Mawmaw that I’d try to give them their first granddaughter this fall, but I couldn’t make any guarantees.

I checked out a library book of baby names the other day, and I have made a list of possible boy names. We still don’t have anything that we know is “the one” as far as boy names so far. I guess we’ll keep looking and playing around. I was getting a bit despaired when I looked at the list, and none of them seemed to fit. Ah, I guess we’ll figure something out eventually.

You are beginning to make your presence known in my body. Gone are the days of wearing my normal, pre-pregnancy clothes. I definitely have to wear maternity stuff now. I think I am bigger now than I was with the boys, but you are my third so I guess that is expected.

I will try to check in more often now that I am feeling better. I love you, my Sweetie!
Love,
Mommy

No comments: