Monday, August 10, 2009

August 5, 2009

My little darling,
My last doctor’s appointment was on July 15th. Everything was looking good. I weighed 132 lbs. so the weight gain has finally started (though still only 6-7 lbs. total so far). It is kind of late in the game so it’s about time to start gaining a bit! My belly measured 23 weeks – right on track for that time. Yea! Of course, no one could tell I was even pregnant. I haven’t really figured that one out yet. I am not a big person so a protruding tummy like I have would NOT be normal. Ha! Your heartbeat was measuring 158 beats per minute, and you sounded/felt good! Here’s a picture of me around 23 weeks…


There are only 13 ½ weeks (wow!) until you are due to arrive. I can’t believe it is so close! We are starting to get things ready for your arrival. Elijah moved into Nate’s room a few weeks ago (they’re now sharing a room and have bunk beds), and I am now working to move all of Elijah’s toys into their shared room and OUT of your nursery. Once that is done, then I can get the nursery ready for you. I haven’t been able to purchase a ton of stuff because of Daddy’s unemployment, but I have gotten a few things: new bibs, pacifiers, bottles, etc. Daddy and the boys also helped me pick out 2 pink blankets for you, just in case you are a girl. If not, then I guess we’ll have some gifts to give! I also bought your baby book online so my next step is to get to filling that out too!

Nathan informed Charity and I last week that he thinks both of the babies will be born on his birthday, Oct. 28th. Charity doesn’t want you and Drew to arrive on the same day and definitely not on Nathan’s birthday! She wants everyone to have their own day. We have started a baby poll, and people have begun making their predictions on your gender, weight, height, birthdate and hair color. We’ll see who comes closest once you arrive. If you are reading this and would like to leave your vote, you can do it by leaving a comment here or emailing me your prediction.

Both of your brothers have felt you kick now, and they were both enthralled by it. Nathan felt you kick on Sunday night, July 26th. He was lying beside me on the floor. He had his hand on my tummy asking if you were kicking. I told him that you were, but normally he is not patient enough to wait for you to kick again. But this time, he just laid by me and waited. I knew when he felt your kick because his eyes lit up, and he said, “I felt it!” It was so cute. Elijah felt you kick yesterday. He was sitting beside me and put his hand on my tummy, as he normally does, and you were kicking. He felt a kick and asked, “What’s that?” I then told him that it was the baby kicking, and he got a big smile on his face.

Elijah said the funniest thing regarding you the other day. On Sunday, July 26th, we were at church, and Elijah was trying to sit on my lap. My belly is not yet huge, but it is big enough to cause my lap to disappear. Elijah was getting annoyed as he kept scooting back and could not get as close to me as he wanted. So, he got down, and in the middle of church, he turned to me and said, “Take that baby off so I can sit!” Um, yeah, okay son! Ha!

Perhaps the greatest excitement of the month came this Monday (Aug. 3rd). I have officially deemed it my Pregnancy Clumsy Day. That afternoon, I was fixing lunch when I turned to leave the kitchen and severely stubbed my toe (middle toe on right foot) on the wall next to the pantry. It was bad enough to draw blood – the nail cut the skin next to it. It is bruised and sore, but it is NOTHING compared to what I did that night. We went to Gigi’s that night. Nathan and Elijah were outside swimming so Daddy and I went to check on them (Gigi was out there with them). Gigi has 3 steps from the patio down to the pool. Well, I gracefully missed the last step! Daddy was in front of me and said that he felt a tug at his shorts and thought it was one of the kids. Then, he looked down and saw me on the ground!!! I instinctively protected you and caught myself on all 4’s. I now have 2 bruised knees – one with a nasty scrap on it. I also felt the big toe on my left foot bend backwards when I fell. It started swelling that night, and I kept ice on it. I could barely walk on it that night when I went to bed, which kind of scared me. I stayed off of it and iced/elevated it yesterday. By last night, I had some nasty bruising appear. I am not hobbling around as much today, but it is still very sore. I am still not sure I can wear a shoe; I may go to home group tonight in a sock only. I am just thankful that you were protected and I was not more seriously injured.

I cannot wait to meet you, my love! Just a few more months now.

Until next time -
Mommy

No comments: