Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Note to Baby

March 3, 2009 - I asked Elijah today what he wanted to call you. He responded, “Meow.” I guess he thinks I’m having a kitten! Fear not, though, because when I was pregnant with Elijah, Nathan wanted to call him “Choo-Choo.” :) Nathan cannot be swayed with his belief that you are a girl. He has prayed for MONTHS for a baby sister, and now that he knows I have a baby in my tummy, he is certain that God has answered his prayers for a baby sister. How I hope he is right! He will be sorely disappointed if you are a boy. Ha!

As we began to tell people that you are coming, many of them have told us that they felt that I was going to be pregnant soon too when they heard that Aunt Charity was expecting. In fact, right after we heard about Aunt Charity, Nathan told me, “Mama, you have a baby in your tummy, but it’s littler than Chee-Chee’s. It’s about the size of an M&M.” I remember I called Daddy to tell him and said that we’d have to see if our prophet was right. Sure enough, he was! Of course, he might be off a bit on the size…I don’t even think you are the size of an M&M YET! He thinks you are a girl too – he’s quite adamant about it – so I guess we’ll see how right he is there also.

I made my first doctor’s appointment on Monday. I am going in on Wednesday, March 18th for my first sonogram, blood work, doctor visit, etc. I should be between 6 and 7 weeks by then. It will be very exciting to “see” you for the first time. Daddy is going with me - we are so happy!

Well, my love, it is late, and I have to babysit at a church in the morning. One of the only symptoms I have to signal that you are coming is that my energy level is down, and I am tired quite a bit. So, I am not really looking forward to extra work tomorrow. I am just praying for God’s strength to carry me through. Then, when we get home, the boys and I are ALL napping! I love you, my darling.
Love,
Mommy

No comments: